Monday, May 7, 2012

Bright dye, Dark hair?

I have medium/dark brown hair, and I was wondering what putting bright red in it would do.



I don't want BRIGHT BRIGHT red hair, I'm just kind of looking for a reddish/burgundy tint. I don't want to permanantly dye my hair burgundy (its already too fried from a flat iron/dye).



Would this successfully tint my hair or would I look it be bright red.



For the records I'm using "Splot lucious raspberries" dye. thanks!



Bright dye, Dark hair?

I work as a hairdresser/colorist and am most interested in your hair being "fried" from the flat iron and too much dye. The chances of the fried part of your hair taking the color normally are not good. Fried hair grabs color and it drabs color.



There is no such thing as a semi-permanent color if you already have color on your hair. Semi-permanent is only semi- the first time, on uncolored hair. Even if hair is damaged from sun and chlorine, color will grab and drab.



I hate to sound biased, but your best results will be with a professional, someone with lots of experience. Otherwise I think you'll be getting your hair into even worse condition. Professional products really are much better than drug store or "beauty store" products.



Good luck to you,



Frankie



Bright dye, Dark hair?

Here's the thing first off if your hair is fried from a hot iron your doing it wrong or your using a metal one. Use ceramic. Then you will need to cut of any dead ends. remember if your hair is brown of any sorts and you used a box kit, you don't have to worry about it staying. We don't take red in our hair very well. it will wash out no matter what.



Go with color stay. Do not use herbal assents. That crap will dry out your hair so fast.



But if your hair is as dry as you say it is I was get it healthy before doing any thing.



No I am not a hair dresser. I just love my hair...



Bright dye, Dark hair?

It would barely even be noticeable at all. Plus, red dye fades faster than the other colors.



To get it really vibrant looking, you would have to bleach the hair first.

No comments:

Post a Comment