Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Where did the red come from?

My daughter has red hair more like strawberry blond, anyway niether me nor my husband have red hair....people are always asking where does she get the red hair from? No she is not the milkmans kid...I dont know where it came from!



Why do they say it with such scepticism? And hey if anyone can tell me where the red came from I'd love an answer?



Where did the red come from?

The gene for red hair is recessive.



Let's say..



Two brunette genes = BB



One brunette gene/one red gene = Br



Two red genes = rr



The B overpowers the r, so if you have Br, then your hair is brunette. This is most likely what you and your husband both have.



Your children would have a possibility of BB, Br, or rr. Only the rr would have red hair.



If you look back in your family history (maybe WAY back), there is probably someone with red hair on both sides.



This is a really simplified version of what your genetics might look like. I hope it helped!



Where did the red come from?

It just comes back from a long time ago in the genes. It could be something that's recessive in your %26amp; your husband, but with her it's dominant.



Where did the red come from?

red came from blood



Where did the red come from?

Red hair can be genetic, or the fusion of a darker-haired and a lighter haired parents. Strawberry blonde hair is glamourous! Tell them that thats the way God made her and you love her the more for it!



Where did the red come from?

you daughter has got genes from someone older in your family tree, maybe if you back track through yours and your husbands family tree, you can find find some1 that had red hair, i believe strawberry red on a girl is soo pretty ; )



Where did the red come from?

I have two beautiful daughters with strawberry blond (SB) hair. It is amusing how much I see other folks trying to get their hair that color. My girls have always messed with the color to get it different; like blonder or darker.



I was a bit SB when younger. My wife's mother's hair was red. Quite a bit on both sides of the family.



Where did the red come from?

l'm also a blonde with a reddish tinge to my hair, my mother had blonde hair when she was very young, by the time she reached her twenties there was absolutely no blonde and if l didn't have a portrait of her when she was about 5 years old l would never believed that she was a blonde, but some of my uncles had reddish hair - it's what we call "The throw back gene".lf you look back far enough, you will probably find one of your ancestors had red hair and that''s where it comes from.



Where did the red come from?

How old is your daughter? My neice and nephew were both born red heads, but grew out of it as they got older. Neither of their parents are red heads. It's most likely just a recessive gene she caught that she'll grow out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment