Monday, May 7, 2012

Are the words "Ash" and "Cool" in hair dye the same thing?

I've noticed that some hair dye brands say "ash brown" and others say "cool brown". Is this the same thing? Are the terms "ash" and "cool" interchangable?



BTW, I have naturally dark brown hair, colored it bergundy brown then bleached it to remove the color. I was getting bored with red and wanted to go brown. According to the Garnier hair color website I had to bleach it....so I did. I ended up with copper red hair (which was fine) because I put the color I wanted overtop of it which was a "dark golden brown" color. It looks great.....but I still see red in it and its driving me crazy.



I understand that "ash" colors cancel red tones. But I want to use Garnier and they don't use the word ash, they use "cool". Will it work if I use "dark cool brown"? I'm looking for a nice brown color but without the red. Will this work?



Are the words "Ash" and "Cool" in hair dye the same thing?

I'm a hairdresser! You will be fine ! Ash and cool are the same thing! If your really worried about anything just do a strand test inthe back of your hair! You sound like your doing good!



Are the words "Ash" and "Cool" in hair dye the same thing?

stay away from ash as it has tendency to go green,



Are the words "Ash" and "Cool" in hair dye the same thing?

I think the best and least expensive product for you to use would be a tube of "Red out" that you can buy really cheap from a Beauty supply store. "Ash" has a violet undertone to its dye color so if you use "ash' you might end up with a grayish hue. Using 'cool' won't be strong enough to counter out the red dye in your hair. Go for the 'red' out instead.



Are the words "Ash" and "Cool" in hair dye the same thing?

Ash and Cool do mean the same thing.



You should've used the Cool Brown.



I'm impressed that you know so much about color-you must be expereinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment